At Our Lady of Victories we aim to create a safe, secure, inspiring and creative learning environment where children feel valued and happy.
Our pupils are encouraged, praised and taught to be responsible citizens and take an active role in their school, parish and wider community. Our Catholic ethos permeates everything that we do in school and through our Religious Education Programme and the PHSE curriculum, children learn about the importance of moral values such as honesty, respect, tolerance, sincerity, trust and personal responsibility. We prepare our children for life in a modern democratic society. We actively celebrate diversity and ensure equality of opportunity.
Christ is the reason for this school, the unseen but ever present teacher in its classes, the model for its children, and the inspiration for its staff.
It is as a friend for life that children come to know him here, meeting him in liturgy, guided by him in learning, trusting him in prayer.
We follow Christ’s example, giving respect and care to everyone in our school, our parishes and the wider community.
We recognise that we are all created in the image and likeness of God, each a unique person equal in the eyes of a loving and forgiving Father.
• To value each child as an individual with his/her special abilities, gifts, needs and personality.
• To ensure each child has equal access to all aspects of school life.
• To provide a secure, stimulating environment within the context of our Catholic faith, where all pupils feel comfortable, happy, valued and respected, regardless of age, race and gender.
• To encourage the academic achievement of all pupils so that each child reaches their full potential.
• To promote the highest possible standards of children’s learning through clear teaching objectives, effective and consistent recording, monitoring and assessment.
• To encourage an active partnership between the home, school, parish and the wider community.